You are hereForums /

Flynny's picture

Jerseys are here!!

Woot woot!

Jersey showed up today so I'll have them available Tuesday night so bring your cash and you too can look the part

Flynny's picture

Newtons Nations preperartion: Workers needed

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

Once again we've been given the opportunity to take part in the Newtons Nation festival to be held on April 27-29.

This time around Rocky Trail Entertainment has been brought in to run the mtb stuff and we just need to get the trails ready and supply marshals. The area is very overgrown and due to other commitments I am struggling to orgainise mass work day so I'm hoping people, especially locals, are willing put in a couple of hours here and there when they have time to clean up the trials and ride them in.

Here is a brief outline of what needs doing.

Dual Slalom

Flynny's picture

Lights for Tuesday night Racing

With afternoon light fading quickly, especially in overcast weather, Lights will now be a must for Tuesday night racing from here on in.

If don't have atleast one working front light you wont be able to race.

We recommend at least a 5w halogen equivalent.

You can get powerful el chepo LED from just about any where from as little as $99 and I've known guys to tape dolphon torches tro their heads but if you are after something top notch check out the Aussie madeK-lites from out good friend Kerry Stait.

Flynny's picture

Ride Queenstown with Lower 45

I don't normally put up ads but Nathan Rennie has been a friend of the club for a long time and his new guided tour company is offering clubs a discount deal only riding Queenstown.

Lower 45 would like to invite your local Mountain Bike Club to Queenstown!

Coming up this summer, Lower 45 Bike Camps is giving a shout out to all major MTB Clubs in Australia to come and enjoy what Queenstown has to offer.

Flynny's picture

Club Kit

OK all,

a few people have asked and Paul of iKou has done up a design so lets get serious and gauge interest

Depending on numbers the Jerseys cost around $80 each to get done with it getting cheaper if we order over 20. If I can get some sponsorship we may get the price down again but at this satge let go with the $80 just in case.

Nix ~$90 or Bibs $105ish

So lets have a show of hands and once I have a better idea of numbers I'll get an exact quote and sizing samples

Flynny's picture

Chocolate Foot says thanks

Just got this from Fi and Joe

Dear Flynny and the rest of CTMBC

Flynny's picture

Sponsorships

You ay or may not have noticed a couple of additions to our Friends Page http://ctmbc.net/node/19105 but I thought I'd add a little bit extra here

Paul Whitfeld from iKou has done us up a great new logos and some fresh trail signs for Rydal. Look out for the new banners which will hopefully be ready to fly on Sunday

Brad and Maree Dugan from Stella Maris Mining Services continue to offer us support in anything we need

Centennical coal haa just committed another $500 towards general running costs for 2012.

Flynny's picture

Rydal 8hr Promo Video

Here's the promo video Joe made up for us.

http://youtu.be/A4w7I9MrU28

Thanks to every one who came out and rose around on a cold wet morning to get this done

Flynny's picture

Rydal 8hr, what needs to be done.

OK all. This is fast approaching so I thought I'd post up here what needs to be done in the lead up, on the day and afterwards.

Lead up

Finish trail:

Couple of little touch ups needed (I'll be out there Saturday arv)

• Fix up the entrance into the new section that by passes bottom fire rd
  • Berm up the bottom corner where the new "dump section" crosses the road and joins to the older section
  • Cut last bit of single trail near cemetery to keep riders away from the main road.
  • Flynny's picture

New look website

As you may or may not know Robin Rainton of www.nobmob.com fame had built, maintained and hosted our website for free for the last coupe of years.

I hope everyone agrees that it's a great little resource with some awesome function.

To spice it up Paul Whitfeld had redesigned the logo, header and back ground. I hope you like it.

If you're ever lucky enough to meet Rob make sure you shout him a drink of choice.

If you ever need to earn some brownie points for a riding leave pass head over to Pauls company, http://www.ikou.com.au/ and get your better half some pampering.

Flynny's picture

Volunteers for 8hr

We are still looking for volunteers to help out at the 8hr on Sunday the 23rd.

A few more marshals would be nice as would 2 or 3 people willing to help the chocolate foot people out with timing and general running about.

If you can help out please let me know.

Flynny's picture

Family fun day at Kanangra Classic

Hey all, Jules Bros from NPs has organised a Family Fun day for the Saturday before the Kanangra Classic

She was hoping to have a club presence and someone to do some basic bike maintenance demos.

Things are hectic for me at the moment so I can't make it.

Anyone else able to head out, put up the tent and club banner and just talk us up, possibly doing the maintenance stuff too.

If so I can lend tools and equipment so let me know if you are able to help out.

Flynny's picture

2011 agm

This was originally planned for Sunday the 25th of September but due to the weather and stuff we didn't get a quorum (didn't have enough people to make the meeting official) so we'll do it on Tuesday the 4th October after the club round
    http://ctmbc.net/node/30815

Flynny's picture

Free team entry to our 8hr

The good folk at chocolate foot are offering a free Team of 3 entry for a team of CTMBC members willing to act as marshals by setting themselves up at a marshal spot and transitioning at this position.

So basically while 1 person is racing, another warming up/cooling down/gone for food 1 team member mans the marshal station.

Flynny's picture

Tuesday Night Racing: It's back!!!

It's that time of year again, summers on the way. Days are getting longer and the Rydal pub is sorely missing us...

Anyway Tuesday night racing starts again on Tuesday the 6th of september. We're running fortnightly til Daylight saving kicks in then going weekly

Check out the info in the calendar for more details

Flynny's picture

Winter Series #4, General Meeting and Dig day

Winter XC series #4

Round 4 of the Stella Maris/Centennial Coal winter XC series takes place on Sunday the 28th of August.

Barring a good dump of snow or a very very wet week we'll be running this one at Clints so bring your granny gears.
    Clint has put in a heap of work to get the trail rideable after the winds last month so hopefully we have a good roll up of people to show their appreciation

Flynny's picture

Blue Mts Bike track. Have your say

Some of you may know our friends at BMORC have been negotiating with Blue Mt council about getting a replacement trail for the Old Bathurst road track which were closed down last year.

All council report have come back positive for a trail in Knapsack Reserve (note the Plan of Management already had room for XC and DH trails but opposition from certain sections have delay this.)

Anyway take 5min to register your support by following the link
    http://bluemountainshaveyoursay.com.au/downhillb...

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Winter series #3,

Given the weather condition we'll stick to Rydal again for this one.

Full details http://ctmbc.net/node/21921

Flynny's picture

2011 CTMBC Winter series #2, Venue Change

Due to the wet conditions over the last couple of weeks we moving this race from Mt Lambie, which holds water and is very boggy when wet, to Rydal.

The Rydal trails handle wet conditions much better so we think this is the best option at the moment.
    http://ctmbc.net/node/20943

If things dry out Round 3 will be transferred to Mt Lambie

Flynny's picture

People still changing features at Rydal

There have been a few trail features that have been modified since last time we raced.

With more and more non club members riding out this trail I don't think it is our members.

Can people please remember that being an approved trail means we need to do thing in the correct fashion. Any modification needs to be approved and ticked off before racing.

Flynny's picture

Pony Club update

Hey all some good news with this starting to move forward again.

Looks like the walk with council staff and members of the environmental advisory committee will take place late next week.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Flynny's picture

CTMBC Winter Series XC

Ok With thanks to Stella Maris Mining Services and Centennial Coal we will be running monthly Sunday morning racing

The plan is to run the 4th Sunday of the month alternating between Rydal and Mt Lambie

Round #1 is on the 22th of May at Rydal.
    Round 2 will be 26th June at Mt Lambie

Flynny's picture

Pony Club update

Frustratingly little to report.

The requested soil and sediment control plan was past by SVC and submitted to council in October with a request to organise the necessary site walk. Early in the new year it was deemed that before council could organise the walk they needed to do a pre walk to conduct a risk assessment.

The assessment walk took place late February.

Still waiting for the assessment report to come back.

Flynny's picture

Enter the darkness #3 report

School holidays lead to a slightly smaller turn out to the Tuesday night mountain bike races at Rydal for round #3 of the Stella Maris Mining Services/Centennial coal "Enter the Darkness" series.

A cool, clear night allowed for some great racing with close battles going on throughout the field.

Flynny's picture

Enter the darkenss #2 and state champs report

Despite the end of daylight saving good numbers continue to show up to Tuesday night mountain bike racing at Rydal.
    30 riders donned lights and took to the course for round #2 of the Stella Maris Mining services/Centennial coal "Enter the Darkness" series with some riders having their first experience with night riding.
    With LED technology making lights cheaper, brighter and lighter than ever before it makes for spectacular scenes as the riders light snake their way around the twisty forest track.

Best Mountain Bike